- To get started with launching Ghost into AWS head over to the Bitnami Ghost product page
- On the Bitnami Ghost product page select the AWS region where you want to launch Ghost and click Continue
- Sign into your AWS account
- Select your desired EC2 instance size (select micro to stay with in the free tier) and click "Accept Terms & Launch with 1-click"
- You can now head to the EC2 console and change to the region you selected
- On the EC2 console page you can click "Running Instances"
- You will have a new running EC2 instance, select it and copy your Public DNS URL
You can now use the Public DNS name to view Ghost in your browser and also access your EC2 on the command line:
ssh -i /path/to/ssh/key firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ghost admin interface is available at:
The Bitnami team has created a user for you. The username is:
email@example.com. The autogenerated password needs to be retrieved. You can follow the Bitnami instructions or just run the following commands:
ssh -i /path/to/ssh/key firstname.lastname@example.org sudo -s grep Bitnami /var/log/boot.log
If you get the error:
bad permissions: ignore key: /Users/davidb/Desktop/key.pem Permission denied (publickey)
run the following command:
sudo chmod 600 /path/to/amazon.pem
Next Steps:Learn Ghost from the Ground Up
Head to "Ghost for Beginners" to learn everything you need to know about learning and customizing Ghost
Find the Perfect Ghost Theme
Go to "All Ghost Themes" to browse all of your Ghost theme options in one place.
Keep Up to Date on Ghost
Check out "All About Ghost" to stay up to date on everything that is Ghost.